Sunday, September 12th is Daughters of the Holy Cross Sunday. The Local Chapter of the Daughters of the Holy Cross will renew their vows and celebrate the installation of new officers. If you are a Daughter, be sure to wear red. Lou will be taking a group picture after church.
RiteII 9-12-2021 - Seventeenth Sunday of Pentecost
Tuesday evening, September 7th at 6pm is our first of a 13-week GriefShare program here at Good Shepherd. There is no cost, you may join at any time, and please invite anyone you know who may benefit from this support group. For more information about this program please visit www.griefshare.org
The Standing Committee of the Anglican Diocese of the Southwest voted on August 11th to conduct this year’s synod through Zoom. The Diocesan Standing Committee and Bishop Steven regret that this action needed to be taken, however in an abundance of caution, due to the recent spikes in Covid-19, this action was deemed in the best interest of all.
We have a few important announcements about worship. Due to the spike in Covid cases we have decided to go back to some of our Covid related worship protocols.
- We will be serving communion using the individual cups as before.
- We will not pass the plate. The collection plate will be at the back of the Nave as before.
- We will not be passing the peace.
- Masks are suggested, but not required. Bring your own mask if you desire to wear one. If you would like to wear a mask and do not have one, masks will be available in the narthex.
- Alternate pews will be roped off to ensure proper distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the narthex and in classrooms and other meeting spaces.
There will be NO Praise and Prayer on Saturday evening this week.
Daughters of the Holy Cross WILL hold their August meeting tomorrow, Saturday, at 10am in the conference room.
RiteII 8-8-2021 - Twelfth Sunday of Pentecost
Almighty and merciful God, it is only by your grace that your faithful people offer you true and laudable service:
Grant that we may run without stumbling to obtain your heavenly promises; through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
RiteII 8-1-2021 - Eleventh Sunday of Pentecost